Rev. Joel D. Hunt
Office: (850) 564-0042
Cell: (850) 426-0997
Joel and Jane
Joel Hunt is pastor of Floridatown Baptist Church in Pace, Florida. He has served as the Pastoral Ministries Director for the Santa Rosa Baptist Association, Santa Rosa County, Florida, and he attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SEBTS) in Wake Forest, NC. Joel and his wife, Jane, have two children.
We ARE an independent church! Every SBC church is completely independent. We voluntarily affiliate ourselves for the purpose of accomplishing the Great Commission. There is no denominational control or hierarchy, as there is in most other denominations. Each church is self-governed and determines its own affairs. For example:
- Every SBC church chooses its own pastor.
- Every SBC church owns its own buildings and assets.
- Every SBC church determines its own programs.
The advantages of affiliating with the SBC.
- It allows us to identify ourselves with other Christians around the world who are known for their commitment to the Bible. Unlike other groups, the SBC has no man-made creed… the Bible is our sole authority.
- It allows our church to participate in the largest missionary organization in the world. Through the SBC’s “Cooperative Program,” we help support over 9,000 career missionaries in 125 countries.
- It allows us to be a part of a tremendous mobilization of church members around the country. About 100,000 Southern Baptist each year participate in short-term mission and disaster relief projects, at home and abroad.
- It allows us to be a part of training, through our six seminaries, about 12,000 pastors and others each year who are called to vocational ministry.
- It allows us to be a part of the LifeWay Christian Resources, the largest publisher of religious materials in the world. Orders come from over 70 countries around the world.
For God So Loved The World
Joel D. Hunt, Author
An Easter Celebration! Most know about Jesus and the sacrifice He made of Himself for the people of the world, but too often it is forgotten where, and when, that story began. Within these pages the journey of Jesus, from its beginning, is made plain and simple for all to understand. And where did the Easter story begin? It began with Adam and Eve. From the moment that Adam and Eve fell into sin and handed all who would ever be born into the hands of death, even from that beginning moment, God has been speaking of His love for us, and of the great hope we could have in Him. It is truly heartwarming, as well as heartbreaking, to see God’s plan of redemption for mankind revealed through the lives of Adam and Eve, as well as Abraham, and Isaac. No greater love has ever been foretold, and lived, as God has for you and me.